Club time trial – 20th Sept 2020 – P101
Date: Sunday 20 Sep 2020
You MUST enter in advance via the following link…
Entries close at 23:59 on Saturday. Maximum 40 riders. First rider off at 9:01am.
Sign on in School Road near Fawley Infants School just off the B3053. See the map at the bottom of this page.
HQ on what3words: tweaked.putter.violinist
This event is open to both Sotonia members and non-members too. Free entry to Sotonia members. £5 non-member entry, payable in cash on the day.
Here is the course on Strava: www.strava.com/segments/10408247
Post Covid regulations for riders
Sotonia CC are now able to resume club time trial activity by implementing the CTT COVID19 risk assessment and guideline. Riders should read the information below very carefully as failure to comply with the regulations could result in disqualification from the event and being barred from further competing in the rest of the 2020 season.
- Competitors should not attend if they feel ill in ANY way, if family members have any COVID19 symptoms or if they have been told to self-isolate, for example through the Governments ‘Track and Trace’ system.
- Tier 1 members of public – those with a PHE/NHS letter suggesting that they currently shield, may not attend.
- Anyone within the government’s defined “Clinically vulnerable people” group is strongly advised not to attend.
Before the event
- Competitors must be ‘ready to race’ on arrival. Dressed, bike ready to go (other than installing wheels). No changing, pumping tyres, chain oiling etc allowed at HQ.
- Do not bring non-competitors with you. Only exceptions to this is for riders under 18 may need to bring a parent or guardian with them, or if someone is unable to drive themselves. In these cases, the non-competitors must remain inside their own vehicle for the duration of the event.
- Remember to bring a working rear light, as there will be no lights available to borrow. No light = No ride!
- No support can be provided if a competitor suffers mechanical difficulties. It is strongly advised that all competitors carry with them a spare inner-tube/tubular, pump and tyre levers if required.
- It is strongly advised that all competitors carry a mobile phone and take with them the telephone number of the event organiser (Available at HQ). Please telephone the organiser if you have failed to finish the event.
- Leave at least 1 car width clear between cars. A car park marshal may direct you for parking, please follow instructions.
- Please do not form groups over more than 6 people and observe the 2-meter rule at all times. If you ride to the event, other than for signing on, you must not be at the HQ area.
- One-way system for sign on, with 2m spacing marked.
- We are unable to look after/store any bags, clothing, water bottles etc at HQ. Competitors that ride to the event will need to make sure they have somewhere to store their items or not bring anything with them that they are unable to carry.
Sign on process
- Sanitise and read rider information – Before doing anything, hands must be sanitised using provided hand sanitiser. On the day rider information (e.g. about any on course hazards) will be available at this point, if you require glasses to read, you may want to bring them.
- Collect number and pen – numbers with individual sanitised pens. Each individually laid out on the table. Do not touch other numbers or pens, make sure you know your number
- Sign pre-filled CTT form – Sign form, return your pen to tub of disinfectant, then return immediately to your vehicle or leave HQ.
- Riders must stick their own numbers on.
- Make sure they are firmly attached in the correct position.
- No turbos/rollers – Warm up on the road only, not carpark. If you have an abnormally elevated or fast rising HR during warmup you must not race and instead leave immediately. Warm up must be done on your own, no groups.
- Start area will be limited to 4 competitors only. Riders must arrive at the start no earlier than 4 minutes before their start time. Please avoid large numbers by not arriving too early.
- Start point marked by cone/chalk as well are distancing for waiting competitors. Waiting competitors will be on the pavement, not the road.
- No pusher. Competitors must have 1 foot on the ground at start
- Start timekeeper will stand 2m+ away from start point on grass bank
- All competitors to be aware of procedure for passing a caught rider. (Signage information at sign on)
- Responsibility of caught rider to drop back 30 metres minimum asap
- At finish line no stopping, proceed to HQ. No group riding.
- Return to your own vehicle immediately upon returning to HQ
- Do not form gatherings of any number even if ‘social distancing’ is observed
- No refreshments will be available
- Leave as soon as possible and avoid discussing the event/ socialising
- If you wish to socialise with fellow competitors after the event, please relocate to a different open area on your way home, still observing 2 metre social distancing. No gatherings of any number are permitted at HQ.
- Results will be available ASAP online and NOT at the event.
Have a good ride!