Sotonia Cycling Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sotonia Cycling Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is updated as of 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email addresses
- Demographic information such as address, postcode
- Your preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to member surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Reporting aggregate data to other organisations.
- Improving our club, events and services.
- Send emails about the club, events, services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email addresses which you have provided.
- Sending you the annual Sotonia club handbook.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive and helps us analyse our website traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Pay Here Ltd
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Individuals whose Personal Data is held by Sotonia Cycling Club have a number of rights under GDPR that we fully support. These rights are:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which Sotonia Cycling Club holds about you without charge;
- The right to request that Sotonia Cycling Club corrects any Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Sotonia Cycling Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw any consent you have given to the processing of your Personal Data, at any time;
- The right to request that Sotonia Cycling Club provide you with details of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- The right where possible, to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller, (this is the right to data portability) for the performance of a contract with you;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (the ICO).
You can contact us at any time regarding the above by visiting www.sotonia.co.uk/contact-us
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org